– Thinkific, an online education startup based in Vancouver, British Columbia, announced former Hootsuite executive Henk campher as marketing director.
Based in Seattle, Campher was most recently vice president of corporate marketing on the Hootsuite social media management platform. He was previously Vice President of Brand Communications at Salesforce and held senior positions in the Edelman and Allison + Partners agencies.
McGuire joined Thinkific earlier this year as vice president of engineering. He is the former CTO of Canadian startups Checkfront and Foodee. He is also a Hootsuite alumnus and was director of software development for the social media management tool following the acquisition of Brightkit, which McGuire co-founded.
Thinkific raised $ 22 million last year to expand its online course building platform. The nine-year-old company recently launched new features, including a dedicated Fiverr Store for its course creators, an integrated payment processing service and its own app marketplace.
– Chief Scientific Officer of Microsoft Eric Horvitz and former CEO of the Gates Foundation Sue Desmond Hellmann are among the 30 leaders appointed to President Biden Council of Science and Technology Advisors.
– Founder and former CEO of Amplero Olly Downs has stepped down as Vice President of Data and Machine Learning at Zulily. He announced the LinkedIn He joined New York-based dog toy subscription box company BARK as senior vice president of data, analytics and machine learning.
Downs previously founded marketing startup AI Amplero, which emerged from Globys in 2016, where he served as CEO and then Chief Scientific Officer.
Downs left the Seattle startup in 2018. After a brief stint at Zillow Group, he joined Zulily in 2019. Amplero closed in 2020 due to the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
– IoT startup based in San Diego, California Wiliot appointed former director of Zillow and Convoy Tony little as a business leader. Small was most recently Director of Revenue at Pro.com, which was acquired by Opendoor earlier this month.
Prior to Pro.com, Small was chief revenue officer for trucking startup Convoy. He spent more than eight years at real estate giant Zillow, most recently as senior vice president. He was previously a senior executive at Amazon.
Wiliot, which has developed a low-power IoT chip, closed a $ 200 million Series C round in July with plans to increase sales of the chips and its software.
Lawson, based in Portland, Oregon, was most recently vice president of engineering at GitHub. She was previously Director of Engineering at Heptio and New Relic.
Based in Seattle, Hassan joins Netlify from Uber where he was product manager for its growth platform. He was previously Senior Director of Product Management at Dell EMC and Program Director at Microsoft.
– Microsoft Veteran Hemant Vashisth joined Amazon as a senior program manager for Amazon Transportation Services. Most recently, he was Senior Director DevOps at Philips and previously worked on T-Mobile and Skype.