MacOS Monterey: Download Apple’s Latest Mac Update in 3 Easy Steps
arrived last year with upgrades , but if you haven’t updated your own Mac computer yet, don’t worry. Installing the latest version of Apple’s Mac operating system is a fairly straightforward process that only takes a few steps. As you refresh your devices for the New Year, you may want to consider updating your iPhone or iPad to , the most recent version of Apple’s mobile operating system.
The Monterey operating system, also known as macOS 12, adds several of the new features found in, Like and Apple’s Focus feature, although we’re still waiting . Here are some of our of Monterey. And in case you missed , you can read on the and , the more the that push Intel out of Apple computers.
How to download and install MacOS Monterey?
1. Make sure your.
2., Just to be sure. You don’t want to risk losing everything while upgrading.
3. On your Mac, go to System Preferences> Software Update and find MacOS Big Monterey. Click on Update now. The download will start immediately, but may take some time.
Once you’ve downloaded and installed the update and restarted your computer, you’ll be running on MacOS Monterey.
How do I download and install a future public beta of MacOS?
You no longer need to follow these steps to run MacOS Monterey. But if you like getting hands-on previews, here’s how to get future public beta versions of macOS on your computer. Note: you should never download a beta version on your main device as they are often buggy. We recommend that you only do this if you have a separate test device.
1., Just to be sure.
2. On your Mac, go to beta.apple.com.
3. Sign in with your Apple ID and select Mac OS from the list of programs.
4. In the Getting started section, click Register your Mac.
5. On the next page, click the blue button with the beta you are looking for.
6. Open the downloaded file and follow the instructions.
seven. After the utility is installed, check for a software update using the Update tool in System Preferences then follow the instructions to download and install it.
Once you restart your computer, you will be using the latest beta.
For more information, see. We also have instructions for .