SA Power Services is looking for a Junior Industrial Software Developer to join our integration team. The person in this position will be involved in the design and implementation of PLC and Scada systems and related activities for different industrial control system applications.
The role is flexible, primarily based in our Randburg office, but working remotely or from home will be permitted. Travel to the site and to the customer will be required from time to time.
If you are passionate about software development in the context of industrial automation and see your code come to life in a machine, then this position is for you!
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Development of PLC and Scada systems according to customer requirements
- Develop network architectures and software methodology based on project specifications
- Analyze system errors, determine correct action and implement changes
- PLC system design, coding and testing
- Scada system design and configuration
- SQL server and database maintenance
- Involvement throughout the life cycle of systems, from design to coding, through testing and installation to handover
- Work closely with the project team adhering to project timelines and deadlines.
- Knowledge of SQL server, databases
- Knowledge of Python
- Technical ability to code in different languages
- Understanding network configurations
- Understand the software methodology
- Must be a technically strong programmer
- Interest in MIS (Management Information Systems), Scada systems, PLC systems
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Proactive and must be able to work with minimal supervision
Minimum qualifications and experience required
- National Diploma in Computer Science: Technical / National Diploma in Computer Science: Software Development
- Experience of at least 1 year in a similar position.
- SQL server
Desired work experience:
- 1 to 2 years Software development
Desired level of qualification:
Employer and Benefits:
- medical aid
- Group life insurance