Epson Robots expands VT6L 6-axis robot series and easy-to-use RC+ Express software
New all-in-one 6-axis robot VT6L-DC and RC+ Express without code Development software simplifies robot integration
LOS ALAMITOS, CA., October 18, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — As the increase in automation continues across various industries, companies are looking for innovative, easy-to-integrate robotic solutions to improve operational efficiency, cost savings and throughput. Dedicated to making robot integration simple for all users, Epson robotthe world’s leading SCARA robot manufacturer, today expanded its VT6L series lineup with the 6-axis all-in-one robot VT6L-DC and increased sound functionality without code, easy to use Epson RC+® Express programmation software.
A DC-powered version of the VT6L, the new 6-axis all-in-one VT6L-DC robot offers next-level technology and is ideal for mobile solutions. Now, an industrial-grade 6-axis robot can be mounted on an AMR (autonomous mobile robot) for warehouse applications or on a mobile platform for easy transport between workstations. The VT6L-DC offers the same powerful features found in Epson’s high-end robots, at an exceptional price. With an integrated controller, a reach of up to 900 mm and a payload of up to 6 kg, it enables high throughput and operational flexibility in a space-saving design. The VT6L-DC is equipped with two powerful development environments – Epson RC+ for comprehensive, easy-to-learn programming and Epson RC+ Express for no-code programming.
Ideal for automation novices with little or no programming experience, Epson RC+ Express offers a simple visual teaching environment, an easy-to-follow block format, ready-to-use templates and other features to win time. Quickly operate Epson SCARA and 6-axis robots. Previously available on select Epson robots, the intuitive software now works with hundreds of Epson SCARA and 6-axis robots, from the all-in-one series to the most capable GX and C-series. The software is equipped with time-saving features such as Epson’s exclusive Focus Assist technology with auto-generated fields for quick and easy setup, and a built-in 3D simulator to help visualize and fine-tune applications.
“As more companies implement automation to meet workforce challenges, Epson recognizes that more and more users need not only easy-to-use applications, but also the flexibility of being mobile,” said Scott Marsic, Group Product Manager, Epson Robots. “Epson is committed to providing a simplified automation experience. Solutions such as the VT6L-DC enable warehousing, logistics and machine maintenance operators to move a traditional 6-axis robot from location to location. other rather than mounting it in a single fixed location. And, with simple, visual programming software like RC+ Express, users can quickly set up their robotic automation solutions.”
Additional VTL6-DC features include:
- Slimline design – compact wrist pitch allows access to hard-to-reach areas in confined spaces
- Quick and easy integration – Installs in minutes ; requires less time and money for system integration
- Integrated visual guidance option – designed specifically for guiding robots; facilitates the automation of simple applications when vision is required
- Simplified wiring – hollow end-of-arm design makes end-of-arm tooling easier than ever
- No battery required for the encoder – minimizes downtime and reduces overall cost of ownership
- Application Versatility – ideal for machine tool and injection molding loading/unloading, pick-and-place, distribution and mobile applications
Additional RC+ Express features include:
- Simple to navigate – clear, intuitive and visual user interface makes it easy to learn and manage key functions such as jog, gripper control and motion
- Common application patterns included – quickly create common pick-and-place, palletizing, and depalletizing applications with ready-to-use sample programs and tutorials
- Develop low-risk applications – the built-in 3D simulator allows you to easily program and fine-tune applications before hardware configuration; operate the robot at low power and speed in repeat mode when testing new programs
- windows on tablet® Operating system environment –compatible with touchscreen devices, in addition to PCs, to easily create robotic applications
- Low total cost of ownership – Epson RC+ Express is included with robot purchases and no recurring license fees
About Epson robots
Epson Robots is a global leader in PC-controlled precision factory automation, with over 150,000 units sold worldwide1 and a product line of hundreds of easy-to-use SCARA and 6-axis robot models based on a common PC platform. Building on a four-decade heritage, Epson Robots today offers robots for precision assembly and material handling applications in the aerospace, appliance, automotive, biotechnology, consumer products, electronics, food processing, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, plastics, semiconductors and telecommunications. . For more information, visit www.epsonrobots.comor follow our Spotlight page on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/epson-america-robots-/)
Epson is a global technology leader whose philosophy of efficient, compact and precise innovation enriches lives and helps create a better world. The company is focused on solving societal problems through innovations in home and office printing, commercial and industrial printing, manufacturing, visual and lifestyle. Epson’s goal is to become carbon negative and eliminate the use of depletable underground resources such as oil and metal by 2050.
Led by the Japanheadquartered in Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of approximately 1 trillion yen. global.epson.com/
Epson AmericaInc., based in Los Alamitos, California.is Epson’s regional headquarters for the United States, Canadaand Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You can also log in with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), Youtube (youtube.com/epsonamerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
1 Epson internal sales data through 2020.
EPSON and Epson RC+ are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logo of Seiko Epson Corporation. Windows is a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in United States and other countries. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in those marks. Copyright 2022 Epson America, Inc.
THE SOURCE Epson AmericaInc.