Easily keep your Mac up to date at all times with this trick
Keeping your Mac up to date is one of the best ways to keep your computer running at peak performance with the latest software and security protections. According to Agency for Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Securityupdating your operating system is one of the ways to ensure your security . For example, updates can often help protect your personal data by fixing potential security vulnerabilities.
If you’re busy or forget to check for updates (which can feel like they’re coming out every other day), you’re not alone. There is currently four macOS Monterey updates available to the public, and this does not include beta versions of each. But you can customize your Mac to automatically check for, download, and install updates for you.
Here’s how to configure automatic updates on your Mac never to miss one again.
Set your Mac to automatically check for updates
1. Click the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your Mac screen.
2. Click on System Preferences.
3. In the new window, select Software update.
4. At the bottom of the window, click the box next to Automatically keep my Mac up to date.
5. Click on Advanced.
6. In the new window you will see Automatically near the top of the screen, as well as five options with boxes next to them below.
seven. Click the box next to Check for updates. This will enable two options: Download new updates when available and Install system data files and security updates.
8. Select Download new updates when available. This will show the last two options, Install macOS updates and Install app updates from the App Store.
9. Choose the boxes you want to activate.
ten. Click on OKAY.
Depending on the options you selected, your device will now manage updates on its own, as well as updates for App Store downloads and security updates. Your Mac will still notify you when you need to restart to complete an installation, but your Mac handles all the work.
If Automatic Updates cause your Mac to restart at inconvenient times, follow the steps above again and deselect Check for updates to turn off all automatic updates or choose the options you want to deselect.
For more Apple news, check out the, and everything that Apple announced during its .