ASSIST in the design, implementation, customization, integration, support and maintenance of the software development and IT operations department of a dynamic FinTech company in Joburg looking for your technical expertise to be its next DevOps engineer. You will also need to ensure that infrastructure and software are built and deployed using CI/CD pipelines that meet the needs of the business and its customers. A primary requirement of the role is to automate processes using Terraform and/or Ansible. You should have at least 5 years of experience with Kubernetes, Red Hat, VMware, Linux, UNIX, FreeBSD, Solaris, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Azure, Git, Python, Ruby, and Bash.
- Design, develop and implement systems, processes and solutions for clients.
- Integrate various open source software solutions with COTS and cloud solutions.
- Bank-grade application management, monitoring and support.
- Build and publish processes/methodologies/pipelines.
- Development of tools/applications to support the development and maintenance of customer systems.
- System and network configuration, management and monitoring.
- Provide professional and technical support in the following areas: implementation and client consulting, internal development systems support, client solution support, encompassing all aspects of the client service delivery pipeline.
- Infrastructure management will involve capacity planning for physical and cloud-based solutions and providers, budgeting, life/use proposals for maintenance/upgrades, as well as management and connectivity and data center support.
- Design/Improvement/Maintenance of change management, package and distribution mechanisms, builds/releases and deployment technologies.
- Log all queries, outage transactions, troubleshooting, outage escalation, and root cause analysis.
- Investigation, implementation, maintenance, support and upgrade of POPIA, PCI compliance, security, ITIL and any other local or international control.
- Research, maintenance and resolution selection of current and/or new tickets/calls, product management, project management, development management, tools and resources (related APIs).
- On-call work part of each month.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in the following areas –
- Red Hat experience and certifications related to: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV, VMware).
- Administration of UNIX systems (Linux, Ubuntu, Red Hat, FreeBSD, Solaris or other UNIX-like operating systems).
- IP networking (routing, network design, troubleshooting, firewalls).
- Linux security best practices.
- Database administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Frameworks and configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet).
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and solutions using cloud infrastructure services (Azure)
- Running, supporting, implementing and debugging Enterprise Java applications. Standalone, JBoss/ WildFly, Tomcat or similar.
- Application build server (Jenkins) with CI/CD fundamentals.
- Linux containers (Docker).
- Revision control systems, i.e. GIT.
- Experience with scripting and small application development in Python, Ruby and Bash.
- Server/application monitoring and performance tuning.
- Disaster recovery.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Knowledge and theory of SQL and relational databases.
- Understanding of business intelligence tools and infrastructure, data warehousing solutions and infrastructure requirements.
- Watch tools (Grafana, Prometheus).
- Enterprise logging (Elasticsearch, Logstash/ Fluentd, Kibana).
- Tracing of enterprise applications (Opentracing, Jaeger, Zipkin).
- Ability to be motivated.
- Learn on your own, work independently and be proactive.
- Can take on new projects.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional customer focus.
- Good at prioritizing and self organizational skills.
- Take initiatives and ensure communication flows upstream and downstream of the value chain.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.